Wednesday, March 31, 2004

WOULDN'T INTIMIDATE A FLY

Condoleezza Rice on ABC News last night:

CLIP OF RICHARD CLARKE: He [Bush] came back at me -- he said, 'Iraq. Saddam. Find out if there's a connection." And -- in a very intimidating way.

RICE: I know this president very well, and the president doesn't talk to his staff in an intimidating way to ask them to produce information that is false.


Karen Hughes discussing Bush on ABC News ten minutes later:

HUGHES: Now, he was calling the terrorists "folks."

CLIP OF BUSH: ...the folks who conducted the act on our country on September 11th.

HUGHES: [I said to him,] "Mr. President, you know, these are trained killers. I'm not sure you want to be calling them 'folks.'" [Angrily:] "Well, anybody else not like anything I say?" he said -- he said, clearly not wanting anybody to speak up.

No comments: