Friday, October 28, 2005

Weird story:

Strong, Sweet Smell Reported in Manhattan

New York City has many odors, but when the city began to smell a little too good, New Yorkers became alarmed.

Residents from the southern tip of Manhattan to the Upper West Side nearly 10 miles north called a city hot line to report a strong odor Thursday night that most compared to maple syrup, The New York Times reported Friday....

Air tests haven't turned up anything harmful, but the source was still a mystery....

"It's like maple syrup. With Eggos (waffles). Or pancakes," Arturo Padilla told The Times as he walked in Lower Manhattan. "It's pleasant."


--AP

This is true. I smelled it last night (as did this guy). I didn't even think it was an odor -- I thought it some weird sinus thing.

Before Michelle Malkin picks up the story and concocts some bizarre theory about border-jumping Islamofascist terrorist waffle-makers, let me assure you that I feel fine.

(Link via Memeorandum.)

No comments: