Wednesday, February 22, 2006

JESUS WANTS YOU TO HUNT DOWN DAY LABORERS

Our old pal Tom Tancredo talks theology:

Rep. Tom Tancredo has accused leaders of some of the country's biggest religious denominations of being out of step with their own followers on the issue of illegal immigration.

Tancredo, a Littleton Republican, released a statement Tuesday blasting the U.S. Catholic Church, Episcopal Church, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, United Methodist Church, Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society for lobbying against a border-enforcement bill that passed the U.S. House of Representatives last year.

"The faith community must step forward and tell leftist activists that undermining border security is not a religious imperative," Tancredo said....

"As a person of faith, I was offended by these radical advocates invoking God when arguing for blanket amnesty," Tancredo said....


Catholic and Presbyterian spokeswomen point out that their churches support the McCain-Kennedy immigration bill, which calls for a guest-worker program but not "blanket amnesty." The Presbyterian spokeswoman also points to a critical document that greatly influences her church's thinking on this issue:

...Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me....


Tancredo's not sure who this "Lord" is, but he sure sounds like one of those damn leftist activists.

No comments: