Monday, September 17, 2007

GAME OVER

Well, there's your Democratic ticket:

Wesley Clark, the retired four star general who ran for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2004, announced his endorsement of Senator Hillary Clinton on Saturday.

"I'm very pleased today to announce my endorsement of Senator Clinton to be our next President of the United States," Clark said on a conference call with reporters. "She'll be a great leader for the United States of America, and I think she'll be a great commander in chief for the men and women in the armed forces."

..."I want to thank General Clark. He and I have been friends for twenty five years," Senator Clinton said on the call after Clark made his announcement....


I've said this before, but she won't pick Obama -- she's too timid; she'll think a ticket with no white males would make people too nervous.

And she may well think that, given the recent "Betray Us" kerfuffle, the ground rules now require kid gloves in the handling of generals. I hope I'm wrong about that, because if she believes that -- i.e., if she believes that that will apply to a general who's a Democrat -- she's incredibly naive.

(However, the rule will apply if, as has been rumored, the Republican VP choice is either Petraeus of General Tommy Franks, though I can't imagine a turnaround in Iraq significant enough to make the GOP nominee take such a risk.)

No comments: