Wednesday, July 09, 2008

SELF-AWARENESS MY ASS

Is Barack Obama now really being called an "elitist" ... by Lady Lynn Forester de Rothschild, a Hillary Clinton supporter and the wife of the British financier Sir Evelyn Robert Adrian de Rothschild?

Yup. This is not a joke.

Good grief.

****

UPDATE: It occurs to me, as I'm reading "Obama Donors Aren’t Rushing to Aid Clinton" in today's New York Times, that maybe one way for Team Clinton to get more contributions out of Obama's big donors is to get the endless parade of Clinton-or-death zealots the hell off Fox News (and the rest of the cable blathersphere). If I were a wealthy Obama backer, I might be trying to grasp why I should help Clinton when my donor peers in her camp are calling my candidate a crack-smoking elitist murderer, or whatever it is they're saying this week.

Or maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way around -- maybe the Clintonites are using the PUMAs, threatening to keep them on the air until her debt is paid off. If so, and if Obama keeps leading in the polls despite the PUMA howling, they may be waiting a long time.

No comments: