Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I COLLECTED THEM, TOO, AND YES, PAUL RYAN IS A HYPOCRITE

The eye-gouging civility police of the right -- the eye-gouging part is for when they're on offense, the civility-cop part is for when we dare to fight back -- are now having conniption fits because of this entry by a Daily Kos diarist named bal.

Entitlement-hating Paul Ryan collected Social Security benefits until he was 18

I guess it's only when social programs help other people that they're bad, because I haven't seen Paul Ryan acknowledging how Social Security benefits helped him and his family in trying times:

...One day as a 16 year old, Ryan came upon the lifeless body of his father. Paul Ryan, Sr. had died of a heart attack at age 55, leaving the Janesville Craig High School 10th grader, his three older brothers and sisters and his mother alone. It was Paul who told the family of his father's death.

With his father's passing, young Paul collected Social Security benefits until age 18, which he put away for college....
Ryan sure did get first-hand experience on how social programs work. They made it possible for Paul Ryan to attend college, get an education, and make a name for himself in the political world. And he's now using that name to make sure others don't get the same opportunities he did.

What an evil hypocrite.


Weasel Zippers speaks for the eye-gougers of civility: "Liberals Hit New Low, Keep Digging."

Well, attack me, too, Weezy. But please note that I have standing here. My father died of a heart attack when I was nine and my sister was thirteen. Social Security survivor's benefits money helped our family keep it together.

I'm grateful to a country that helped us. I don't want to deny that kind of help to future generations. Paul Ryan does -- and no, I don't believe his lies about wanting to save the social safety net for future generations, because he doesn't mean a word of it.

Hypocrite? Hell yeah. I've got your back, bal.

No comments: