Tuesday, April 05, 2011

RYAN: MEDICARE AND SOCIAL SECURITY ARE "A CANCER"

I know even this isn't enough to guarantee a full-throated Democratic response, but here, via Digby, is Paul Ryan on Glenn Beck's radio show last year:

PAUL RYAN: ... what I've been trying to do is indict the entire vision of progressivism because I see progressivism as the source, the intellectual source for the big government problems that are plaguing us today and so to me it's really important to flush progressives out into the field of open debate.

... GLENN: And I think we're saying the same thing. I call it ‑‑

PAUL RYAN: We are saying the same thing.

GLENN: It's a cancer.

... PAUL RYAN: ... this is really a cancer because it basically takes the notion that our rights come from God and nature and turns it on its head and says, no, no, no, no, no, they come from government....


Even I could make this freaking ad. Grandma. A Social Security check. And Ryan saying, "It's a cancer." That's all you need.

Anyone?

****

(For a more extensive transcript, follow the links.)

No comments: